Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA)
Please be advised that https://www.unifi.co/ is giving you this Notice and Statement as an exercise to comply with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA).
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
If you choose to transact with https://www.unifi.co/ for subscription of any TM products and/or services, you will be asked to provide your personal information such as name,identification card number, mailing address,installation address, phone number(s),email address, contact preferences and existing Streamyx details.
You will also be required to explicitly provide your consent to the provision of your personal information for mentioned in the form and manner as indicated here in our online registration process, failing which you will not be able to subscribe for the products and/or services you are interested to.
How We Use Your Personal Information ?
Your personal information will be used for processing for all related products and/or services and analysis to provide services to you. Further, we will process your personal information for the following purposes:-
- Assessing your application or continued provisioning of the products and / or services (whichever is applicable);
- Submitting your unifi application form, IC / passport and other documents to TM
- Customizing advertisements and content on TM's website(s) and the sites of TM and its group of companies (for further information on the TM's group of companies, please visit www.tm.com.my);
- Responding to your enquiries;
- Research purposes including historical and statistical purposes;
- General operation and maintenance of the products and / or services provided including audit and its related website(s);
- Verification purposes;
- Matching any data held by TM or its group of companies relating to you from time to time;
- Provide you with regular communications from TM relating to the products and / or services provided; and
- Investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions and research for service or products improvement.
By submitting your information to https://www.unifi.co/ ,you hereby consent and authorize us in obtaining and verifying any information about you which we may require in connection with your application for any of TM's products and/or services and/or review of the existing account with TM from any third party, especially credit bureau or reference agencies. Such consent and authorization here in will extend to any information obtained from any of the account(s) presently maintained for you,any new application for anyform of services rendered or products provided by TM, such historical financial or credit records,data or information whether or not provided personally or by any other sources relating to you which was collected,received, captured,compiled,secured and/or obtained by TM through or by whatever means or methods or forms.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
If you choose to register and transact with https://www.unifi.co/ , your personal information may be shared where necessary and only on a need to know basis with other TM subsidiary oragencies so a to serve you in the most efficient and effective manner. An example might be in terms of resolving or addressing complaints that require escalation to other TM Subsidiary oragencies. We may disclose your personal information to the following parties for the purposes stated above:-
- TM's service providers or agents who are involved in providing the products and / or services;
- Third parties (including those overseas) who provide data processing services
- Any credit reference agencies or, in the event of default, any debt collection agencies;
- Any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality to which has undertaken to keep such data confidential, which TM has engaged to fulfil its obligations to you
- Any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of TM's rights or business.
Your personal information will not be disclosed to any unauthorized third party.
Your personal information may be disclosed due to reasons of law,legal process,litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities and any disclosure will be to such public and governmental authorities only. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security,law enforcement, or other issues of public importance,disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
If you would like to request access or correction of your personal information, you may contact TM Contact Centre or you can visit the nearest TM Point. Any request of access to correct personal information may be subjected to a fee and also to applicable provisions in the PDPA. However,were serve the right to decline to process requests which jeopardize the security andprivacy of thepersonal information of others as well as requests which are impractical or not made in good faith.
Where you elect to limit TMs right to process your personal information,you may contact TM Contact Centre or visit the nearest TM Point.